CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

One of those days

Do you ever just have one of those days??? Where things just don't go how you would quite like them to go?

Today I was supposed to help the other Kim pass out our hand out "Double Kim Gum" it was super cute. I got distracted (not even sure how?) and did not end up helping pass them out. I felt terrible, I didn't want her to think I was one of those people that lets others do the work and then they take all the credit. I totally give her all the credit she is a super amazing person with a HUGE heart, so Kim my hats off to you for all your help and craftiness.

Then we had a speaker that talked on getting outside the box. I will have to explain when I am not so tired. One of the funniest things he talked about was that you could call restrooms the "self awareness room". It probably does not make any sense to you and is probably one of those had to be there moments but I found it a polite thing to say. I know what you are thinking what in heavens name do they teach at a Recorders conference. I'm sure you are also wondering why I talked about that story and I have a point I promise, for those of you reading that might think this is TMI I think it is just one of those dumb things that happens to us all when timing goes wrong.

So here I am the happy little candidate running for the director position, smiling at everyone talking to everyone you know the routine. So it is after lunch and I decide to run to the "self awareness room" before the meeting begins because it is rude to get up and leave if you can help it. Picture a room full of City Recorders (about 150) and you have to walk all the way past the rows to get out. Not so great if you are the happy little candidate. So I figure I am doing the right thing being responsible.

Well when I return they tell me where were you we had all the candidates get up and introduce themselves again....... Oh great I seriously was gone for two seconds granted the "self awareness rooms" are a bit of a walk away, but still it was not that long and I missed my last chance before elections to let everyone know they should vote for me. Plus in my head I am thinking great who wants to vote for the girl that is not even around when they are supposed to be. Nobody told me they were going to let us say a little something more or I would for sure have been putting off my "self awareness" moment a little longer.

I really do believe that we all have things happen to us like that whether it is the wrong timing or the wrong place at the wrong time..... I think it is sometimes referred to as Murphy's Law. So there you have it my long story.

The polls open tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. so wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

the larsons said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Let me know how everything goes:)