Wow the last two months have been one crazy ride! It all ended last Tuesday night after a recount of the election last Monday phew..... Then of course once all the stress is over I ended up not feeling very well I thought I was getting a sinus infection but by the end of the day Thursday on my way back from an MMC Presentation in Holladay the world started spinning and didn't stop. I had the chance to experience Vertigo for the first time in my life and all I can say is that my hat is off to anyone that has to deal with it very often. It seriously was AWEFUL!.
My world was spinning for two days straight I missed a day and a half from work because I could not read or look at a computer screen it made the dizzy feeling so much worse. I finally had had enough and it was getting worse not better so Friday night I had my grandparents come get me and take me to the instacare in springville (since I couldnt drive) Props for them and for the instacare workers they are always so nice. I was lucky enough to have the same doctor that stitched up my thumb back in May. He was very helpful, explained what was wrong really well.

Turns out I had no infection in my ear, my eustacian tube was plugged and all the little parts inside my inner ear that deal with balance and equilibrium were all out of whack. My brain was getting told one thing from my ear and a different thing from my eyes hence the vertigo so horrible. For those of you that know me well you will know I didn't feel good by this.... I was so nauseated that I couldn't nor did I want to eat anything!!! Yes me.... not wanting to eat food...LOL that never happens I LOVE food :)
Needless to say I was pretty miserable I couldn't even sit up or I would throw up, sorry probably too much information but it was not a fun experience. Plus I guess my ear drum was bulging so there was and still is pain inside my ear but it is getting better I am able to function and walk around. Unfortunately the heavy duty meds they put me on are some kind of steriod. I only have to take them for a few days but the doctor said they will completely destroy my immune system.... Oh great my immune system already sucks. I got stuff done yesterday and I don't dare leave the house today because I do not have time to catch something. This week is thanksgiving and I don't want to miss out!!!!
That was my crazy adventure that thankfully I am on the mend from, the worst part was the dr. told me I could not drive. I hate the feeeling of losing your independence like that it stinks. I am on the mend though and hope to be back to normal in another day or so. Then off the the Gym just in time to work off everything I am going to eat on Thursday!!!!
To all of you I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving I hope you have great food and great company!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Crazy Ride
Posted by Kimberly Kidman at 11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment