Last night I had the privilege to attend the Kurt Bestor Celebration of Life concert. My grandfather is a cancer survivor, and is 75 years old. The women in the middle is also a cancer survivor she got her treatments at the same time as my grandfather they got to be friends so she came to say hello to my grandmother.
It was sure neat when you came in all the cancer survivors were given a little light and at one point during a song they turned it on. It had the most amazing feeling knowing that I was in the presence of over 2,500 cancer survivors. What strong amazing individuals that enjoy life one day at a time and are so very grateful for the extra time they get to spend with family and friends. I know I am so thankful for the extra time I have with my grandfather.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Kurt Bestor Concert
Posted by Kimberly Kidman at 10:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I bet that was inspirational! My dad went to high school with Kurt Bestor. He is an amazing musician!
I miss you.
I had an awful kidney infection, and now conquering the stomach flu, but I want to have dinner and see you and visit!
Your grandpa looks really good..considering everything the poor guy has had to deal with!! And don't worry..we donate to the "Keeping Wendover Open Fund" every single time we are there! LOL! Except for when I won $80 on the penny machine on my 2nd try!! Talk to you soon! XOXOXO!!
Post a Comment