CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is My Luggage Back

Wow what a vacation, nothing like going on vacation with the clothes on your back. I must first state that aside from all the problems we did have fun to the best we could.

At this point all I have to say is my outlook on checking baggage has changed dramatically. I would love to know how many of you have had the joyous experience of having your luggage lost?

It started out a nice vacation, we were at the airport in plenty of time, had a good flight, got to LAX and had no suitcases... yes that is correct they lost not only my suitcase but my mothers too!

You feel so helpless and well .....victimized. Of course the lady was a "B" sorry but she was not pleasant and she had the nerve to tell us it was in salt lake and would be on the next flight so we felt better. Little did we know they had no idea where our bags were, nor did they care!

We spent every night washing our clothes at the laundry mat in the hotel... lovely just what I want to do on vacation! Plus we had to buy toothbrushes and extra sweaters, my cell phone charger was in my bag and so was my camera charger so there were not many pictures to post. You have no makeup except whatever you drug through security etc. It was not something I recommend trying if you can help it... I felt like I was camping!!!

To top it all off here we are home safe and sound and still they have no idea where our luggage is??? I learned that they do NOT track your bags at all. Once you check them in there is no way to tell where they go or if they get there NOTHING!!!!! It sure made me stop and think how much trust you put into them taking your stuff and they don't even have a tracking system???

As you can tell I am super frustrated! I think it was a hard lesson in not putting things in my checked bag that I would miss, I really do not care about all the stuff other than my jewelry that I cannot replace, rings that have sentimental value etc. That part makes me sick..... Oh well after today we get to file a nice claim about all our crap that was in our suitcase, I don't want MONEY I just want my stuff back!!! Monday we spent buying all the stuff that we needed, like makeup, hair brushes, blow dryers, face wash.... the list goes on and on. The last thing you want to do is spend a couple hundred bucks replacing crap that you already own! I had to buy a phone charger again!

Ok enough venting I just wanted to warn anyone that is traveling DO NOT put anything in your luggage that you could not replace. I am going to fly carry on only even if I have to do wash while on vacation at least my stuff will be with me!!

1 comments:

The Higginson's said...

Kim,
I am so sorry. That is the worst thing to start off you vacation. I hope they deliver it to on before Christmas. If you hadn't already got your food storage, it should be here this week. She processed yours first and said it would be here quickly. I will call you and make sure the status. Anyway, thanks again for your order. I had a few more people order, so it was nice.