CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Opening Ceremony

Monday was the opening ceremony it was pretty neat they brought in all the flags representing each state and country that where in attendance at the conference. The M.C. was Andrew Young from CNN and they had Ruben Studdard come sing some songs for us like "Georgia on my mind" he really is a great singer, I had some video clips and pic's but accidentally deleted them off my camera (I know I'm a genius). We also had a reverend speak that was a past Mayor of Atlanta and an ambassador to the UN I beleive. The part that gave me the goose bumps was when they did the national anthems from each country and posted our flag there was a great feeling in the air.

Monday night was our Region VIII dinner at an expensive place it was good but I was not able to visit with people like I thought. I really would like to get to know the recorders in my region better since we will be hosting the IIMC Conference in a few years.

0 comments: